Registration: The deadline for Registration for AP exams will be ___________. There will be no refund
*money is available to those students on free/reduced lunch. Charges for those students who qualify for free/reduced lunch $15/exam.
Date: February 6-24
Location: Grand Haven Community Center
Late Testing: Only in extreme circumstances and must be approved by the principal as well as meet the criteria set forth by the AP Policy. There is an extra $60 charge for late testing.
AP EUROPEAN HISTORY EXAM: 3 HOURS 15 MINUTES
The AP Exam questions measure students knowledge of European history and their ability to think historically. Questions are based on key and supporting concepts, course themes, and historical thinking skills.
Format of Assessment
Section I: Part A Multiple Choice | 55 Questions | 55 Minutes | 40% of Exam Score
- Questions appear in sets of 35.
- Students analyze historical texts, interpretations, and evidence.
- Primary and secondary sources, images, graphs, and maps are included.
Section I: Part B Short Answer | 4 Questions | 50 Minutes | 20% of Exam Score
- Questions provide opportunities for students to demonstrate what they know best.
- Some questions include texts, images, graphs, or maps.
Section II: Part B Document Based | 1 Questions | 55 Minutes | 25% of Exam Score
- Analyze and synthesize historical data.
- Assess written, quantitative, or visual materials as historical evidence.
Section II: Part B Long Essay | 1 Questions | 35 Minutes | 15% of Exam Score
- Students select one question among two.
- Explain and analyze significant issues in European history.
- Develop an argument supported by an analysis of historical evidence.